M is for MANX CAT! An Isle of Man ABC by Gemma Hjerth and Kim Gee
An informative, interactive and wonderfully illustrated celebration of Our Island.
It will appeal to young children, early readers and Isle of Man enthusiasts from near and far away.
You can even listen to the Manx translations in the book at www.isleofmanabc.com
Each letter of the alphabet is represented by a colourful, digital illustration of an Isle of Man icon, a rhyming couplet and a Manx translation and pronunciation.
The book also features:
• A full page of Manx Gaelic translations and pronunciations, provided by Culture Vannin (with sound files of these to listen to at www.isleofmanabc.com)
• Four Manx Songs (the Manx National Anthem, The Laxey Wheel Song, Ramsey Town and Hunt the Wren)
• Two pages of interesting facts about the Isle of Man
• A little wren to hunt for
• Lots of Three Legs of Man to count!